Energy Storage Scientist
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 100 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
About our SaaS Solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on https://www.3e.eu/solutions/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
3E is actively looking for a highly skilled expert to join our innovation team, focusing on digital solutions for flexibility assets and storage applications on utility scale.
As an Energy Storage Scientist within our Innovation Team, you will:
- Implement Research Findings: Bridge the gap between theoretical research and practical applications. Use programming, data analysis, and modeling to create optimized digital twin for storage performance and operations.
- Advanced Analytics: Contribute to the development of cutting-edge storage/ flexibility analytics, including both physics-based and AI-powered frameworks. Enhance our understanding and optimization of storage solutions.
- Project Management: Manage and contribute to the execution and acquisition of R&D projects at European, national, or regional levels. Your expertise will be crucial for project success.
- Market Engagement: Stay updated with market trends by participating in conferences, networking events, and reading scientific papers. Your active involvement will help refine our digital twin model for asset flexibility and storage applications.
- Strategic Support: Collaborate with solution owners to define the R&D strategy aligned with our internal roadmap. Your insights will guide our research efforts effectively.
As an Energy Storage Scientist at 3E, your expertise will be instrumental in driving innovation and shaping the future of our digital solutions for utility-scale implementation. Join us and be a part of our industry-leading team.
Our ideal candidate
We are seeking a dynamic and open-minded team player with excellent communication skills, who thrives on challenges and is passionate about driving innovative products to the next level. Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- A master's degree in Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience in advanced analytics, encompassing expertise in physics-based modeling/ machine learning/black box analytics. Practical experience in these areas is essential.
- Expert proficiency in Python and the data science stack, showcasing your technical prowess in handling complex analytics tasks.
- Demonstrated innovation skills and a forward-thinking mindset, capable of striking the right balance between state-of-the-art solutions, reliability, and cost-efficiency.
- Knowledge of Battery assets, Flexibility, Grid systems, and Renewable Energy, indicating a profound understanding of the energy landscape.
- A PhD in Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- Experience with innovation-oriented programming and data science techniques, showcasing your ability to think creatively and push the boundaries of conventional solutions.
- Proficiency in Object-Oriented programming and software development skills, highlighting your ability to create robust and scalable software solutions.
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexible working hours in an open-minded company
- Home working (2 days per week)
- An international environment with our projects in over 100 countries worldwide and colleagues of around 30 different nationalities
- The opportunity to continuously learn about the renewable energy sector