Senior System Engineer - Security
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 20 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
We are in search of an experienced Systems Engineer with a specialization in security engineering to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the security of our systems and infrastructure while also managing classic system engineering tasks.
- Security Engineering:
- Develop, implement, and maintain security architecture and policies.
- Conduct regular security assessments and vulnerability assessments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to remediate security vulnerabilities.
- System Engineering:
- Administer and maintain Linux-based servers and network infrastructure.
- Perform routine system updates, patch management, and hardware/software upgrades.
- Manage and monitor on-premise infrastructure, including servers, storage, and networking equipment.
- Incident Response:
- Lead incident response efforts, investigate security breaches, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Establish and maintain security incident response plans and procedures.
- Security Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Monitor security compliance and make recommendations for improvement.
Our ideal candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Demonstrated experience as a Systems Engineer, with a focus on Linux system administration and infrastructure management.
- Proficiency in scripting and automation for system tasks and routine maintenance.
- Knowledge of networking principles and protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and routing.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex system and application issues effectively.
- Experience with system updates, patch management, and hardware/software upgrades.
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting tools to ensure system stability and performance.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- A solid foundation in classic system engineering responsibilities combined with the potential for growth and development in more specialized areas.
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Attractive compensation package in line with your level of experience
- If you work from Brussels, the salary package includes group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, 100% reimbursement of public transport or bicycle allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Training on the job by our experts so you get to know our solution and work in and out.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days per week)
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.