Senior System Engineer
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 20 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
We are seeking a highly skilled Systems Engineer to join our team, where you will play a pivotal role in maintaining, upgrading, and optimizing our complex system infrastructure. Your expertise will be instrumental in supporting a range of ongoing projects aimed at improving our IT environment.
- Linux System Administration:
- Proficiently manage and maintain Linux-based servers using automation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system and application issues across various projects.
- Infrastructure Enhancement:
- Contribute to the rollout of ISO-27K.
- Implement strategy for continuous update of Linux-based images.
- Implement network infrastructure migrations applying zero-trust principles.
- Automation Strategy:
- Contribute to the development of infrastructure-as-code solutions.
- Collaborate on deploying a fresh automation strategy using Ansible, Packer, Terraform, and Gitflow.
- Scaling strategy:
- Support the sharding and clustering of critical compute resources (application & supporting services).
- Application Deployment:
- Play a key role in the introduction of uniform application deployment pipelines across multiple development projects.
- Collaborate with development teams on application configuration and verification steps.
Our ideal candidate
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Extensive experience in Linux system administration and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Bash and Python for automation tasks.
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code tools, including Terraform and Ansible.
- Familiarity with version control systems, such as Git, and Gitflow branching strategies.
- Experience with database management systems, including MySQL.
- Strong understanding of network concepts and security principles.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Linux Professional Institute Certification, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, etc.) are a plus.
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Attractive compensation package in line with your level of experience
- If you work from Brussels, the salary package includes group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, 100% reimbursement of public transport or bicycle allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Training on the job by our experts so you get to know our solution and work in and out.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days per week)
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.