International Account Manager | SaaS
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
To achieve our ambitious goals in the sales of SynaptiQ, 3E is looking for a new Account Manager.
As Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing our large base of 100+ customers internationally. They range from medium to very large size corporate organizations in the renewable energy sector, such as Independent Power Producers (IPPs), Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) companies, and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) companies. You will be backed up in your management of stakeholders by your understanding of the SaaS solutions' unique selling points , the renewable energy market and its main challenges for your customers and the value our solutions bring as an answer, allowing you to up- and cross-sell and manage churn.
This is a new function within 3E so you will have the chance to show creativity and have impact while shaping the role and processes!
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing new customers right after they sign their first contract with 3E thanks to our team of sales managers. Help accelerate the deployment of their solar plants and wind farms in SynaptiQ by influencing within the client structure and by facilitating internally with our Operations team.
- Analysing our portfolio of existing customers and identifying deployment acceleration, cross-selling and other business opportunities by understanding and anticipating their needs..
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with C-level professionals and ensure you achieve the necessary level of credibility with decision makers and main stakeholders of European Renewable Energy players
- Reducing churn by ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction through top-notch and regular interactivity with our customers and 3E's internal stakeholders.
- Renegotiating contracts at risk while still protecting a sound level of profitability.
- Participating in the yearly SynaptiQ Connect Days during which we welcome our customer base in our office in Brussels for two days of high-level interactions.
- Staying fully informed and knowing in detail the different market dynamics and mechanisms that impact the usage and sales of SaaS solutions
- Creating an ambitious Sales Plan to achieve the sales growth targets for 2023 and the strategic vision for the next years
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal Account Manager candidate comes with a proven track-record of successful business development and sales in SaaS digital products and is heavily committed to further growing the 3E business with an innovative mindset!
Other than that:
- You hold an Engineering degree
- Your verbal and written communication skills in Dutch, French and English are top-notch.
- You are based in Belgium and as such you work from the Brussels office.
- You have at least 5 years working experience, of which the most part in an Account Management position, enabling you to understand and address the C-Level suite of the major European energy companies.
- You are a relationship manager and up- and cross-selling addict with a proven track record of significant impact within your previous experiences
- Your understanding of SaaS solutions business principles and SaaS technological aspects is excellent.
- You have an excellent understanding of the European renewable energy sector, notably IPP’s, Asset Manager, Asset Owners, EPC, O&M, project developers and investment funds.
What gives you extra points:
- An MBA degree
- Knowledge of any other European languages.
- Previous experience with advanced marketing lead generation techniques in SaaS digital products selling.
What we offer in return
In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including variable salary.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.