Junior Wind Engineer
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
In order to anchor our leading market position and to support our wind activities we are looking for a junior wind consultant. The location for this function is in northern France, meaning you will be mainly working from home mixed with site visit up to 20% of your time. Your first weeks in the role and later on a quarterly basis, you'll visit our Toulouse office where the rest of the team is based. You will be part of our team of wind and solar consultants reporting to the operational lead and regional manager France and North-Africa.
Your mission would be to contribute to our wind Resource Assessment and On-site activities (windfarms). During the learning curve you will receive the necessary support while also taking proactive ownership over your development by expanding your knowledge and gradually executing more complex studies and on-site inspections. The projects you will be working on are in the development stage as well as operational phase and located mainly in France, but also all over the world.
Your day-to-day tasks will include (but are not limited to):
1. Resource assessment
- Execution of Wind Resource Assessment tasks using WAsP model
- Performing long term energy yield calculations using WindPro
- Performing operational losses and uncertainty analyses
- Generating ‘P90 yield-value’ reports
2. Windfarm on-site activities
- Wind-turbine inspections, during take-over or operational phase
- Construction monitoring
- Wind site screening, measurement mast recommendations and commissioning
- Participate in feasibility studies of windfarm projects
3. General tasks
- Planning your workload to make sure commitments and deadlines are met
- Being the point of contact for technical questions on your projects
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a dynamic colleague who is eager to learn, who can bring an open and flexible mindset and who has very strong organisational skills. We have a fantastic team and lots of talent within 3E, so asking advice and working together is very much appreciated.
What is important to us:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in engineering or similar (Bac+2 or higher)
- Clear interest in technology, technical mindset
- Not afraid of heights
- Driver’s license (valid in France) and available for travel; flexible in terms of hours and travelling.
- Basic knowledge on wind energy – you can show you have taken relevant classes, have a first work experience in wind industry, completed an internship,…
- Fluent – spoken & written – in French, good level of English
What gives you extra points:
- Experience in the wind industry or other electrical/mechanical/technical service industry
- Familiarity with WAsP, WindPro, Meteodyn, GIS tools and/or AutoCad
- Python programming skills
- Any additional language
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Salary in line with your level of experience, 13th month included in yearly salary
- Extralegal benefit package: company mobile phone & subscription, laptop, internet allowance of €37/month, meal tickets of €10/day (€4.55 employee contribution)
- Flexible, gliding working hours and home office.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.