IoT Solution Architect
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 20 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
At 3E, we're at the forefront of integrating advanced IoT solutions into the renewable energy landscape. We are seeking a highly skilled IIoT Solution Architect to design and implement robust real-time data ingression solutions for industrial edge systems.
What sets this role apart from other IT positions is the deep integration with industrial protocols. This isn't just a general software development or traditional IT role. Our solutions operate at the intersection of Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT). Proficiency in industrial protocols such as MQTT, OPC-UA, IEC104, and Websockets is not just a bonus; it's fundamental to achieving success in this position.
So, if you have a passion for cutting-edge technology and a deep understanding of industrial protocols, this role offers a unique opportunity to apply your skills in a rapidly growing sector of the renewable energy industry.
- Translate high-level business requirements into a comprehensive development roadmap.
- Collaborate with the development and platform teams for the seamless implementation of solutions.
- Drive buy-or-build decisions based on business needs and in-depth technical evaluations with the tech team.
- Define and oversee the scaling of our existing data collection & transformation pipelines, incorporating secure bi-directional real-time communication requirements.
- Lead pilot projects and productization initiatives with the tech team.
Our ideal candidate
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in software development, with specific expertise in industrial protocols such as OPC-UA, IEC104, MQTT, Websockets, etc.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Proven experience with IIoT and OT, including familiarity with protocols such as MQTT, Websockets, and Server-Sent Events.
- Demonstrated expertise in API-centric software service architectures & productization.
- Experience in designing robust data pipelines and ETL processes for substantial data volumes.
- Familiarity with structured data, time series databases, data warehousing technologies, and PowerBI.
- Familiarity with security frameworks including Security-by-design, E2E IoT (CIA framework), SSO (OpenID Connect), OWASP SAMM, and more.
If you're someone with a knack for simplifying complex information, strong communication and leadership abilities, an unwavering commitment to getting things done, and a passion for correlating business value with technological choices, then this is the role for you. Be a part of our dynamic team and contribute to shaping the future of renewable energy.
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Attractive compensation package in line with your level of experience
- If you work from Brussels, the salary package includes group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, 100% reimbursement of public transport or bicycle allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Training on the job by our experts so you get to know our solution and work in and out.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days per week)
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.