Junior Business Developer
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
Due to growing activity in our consultancy services, we are looking for a passionate Junior Business Developer to anchor our leading market position and reinforce our business development team.
Your main tasks will include the following:
- You will be involved in managing and maintaining relationships with existing clients (account management)
- You will perform technical and administrative analysis of request from proposal, public tenders, etc…
- You will write offers as part of the process of developing technical and commercial solutions for prospective clients.
- You will coordinate with the technical teams for the sizing, costing and negotiation phases of the offers.
- You will be in touch with 3E’s subcontractors, coordinating their support from offer request to contract signature.
- You will contribute to improving costing and formatting tools for offers.
- You will follow up on the internal sales process (NDA assessment, CRM, Documents organisation…).
- You will take part in shaping the commercial approach, analysing project profitability, and assessing the company’s competitiveness in the services it offers.
- You will engage in lead generation through contact research and campaigns.
- You will be responsible for keeping CRM/Hubspot up to date.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of clients’ databases.
- You will promote the visibility of 3E Renewable Energy Services through social media activity.
- You will contribute to the internal strategy for assessing new markets.
- You will take part in networking events.
In this role, you will report to the Regional Manager based and work closely with our team of renewable energy consultants.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone with excellent analytical and synthesis skills, someone who understand the needs of our customers and offers appropriate solutions. You are capable of working proactively and independently, while adhering to internal procedures and processes.
A curious and positive mindset, constantly seeking avenues for improvement, will take you far!
What is important to us:
- You have permanent residency in South Africa
- You have a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in engineering.
- You have ca. 0-2 years of prior experience in business development.
- You have an autonomous and methodical working style, driven by a spirit of continuous improvement for both processes and ongoing documentation.
- You have an impeccable English writing and reporting skills.
- You are keen to go one step further, to not only “sell” but technically understand the services 3E proposes.
- You understand the needs of our customers and provide appropriate solutions.
- You are a proactive and good communicator, with a customer mindset.
- You have good networking capabilities.
- You have social media knowledge and are fluent in their use.
- You possess good knowledge of IT tools (Excel, Word).
What gives you extra points:
- Knowledge of CRM and/or Hubspot
- Experience in Consultancy
- Experience in the renewable energy sector.
- French or Portuguese are a plus.
What we offer in return
Our offices are located Cape Town CBD, near a vibrant commercial with a wide array of services, restaurants and places to explore after work.
In addition to a stimulating environment in a highly motivated team, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop in a company with an ambitious growth plan, providing innovative services.
- Salary in line with your level of experience
- Package: laptop, medical aid allowance (R.2792/month), phone allowance (R.720), 18 leave days (24 after 1 year of service), 13th check (prorated, end of year)
- Plenty of opportunities to learn more about the renewable energy sector and grow in the role.
- Flexible working hours /Home office.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.