3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
As an accountant at 3E you will enforce our compact Finance team where you will work very closely together with the senior accountant, who will be your mentor, while you report to the Finance Director. You will be mainly responsible for the Belgian accounting of our HQ in Brussels.
In this job you will be in contact with all teams at 3E and you will do your best to help our colleagues with their questions and inquiries. It speaks for itself you will handle everything with the necessary discretion and eye for detail. If you love focussing on numbers, problem solving and administrative work, this is the job for you!
Your tasks will include:
- Processing of accounts payable
- Processing of accounts receivable, including cash collection
- Recording bank statements and bank reconciliations
- Preparing payments and payment proposals
- Entering manual journal entries (e.g. monthly closing bookings such as depreciations, deferred costs, invoices to be received,…)
- Preparation of external audit files when necessary
- Responding to queries of suppliers and customers
- Ad-hoc projects and administrative support
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone with strong analytical skills who loves to work in an accurate, independent way. However, working closely together with other team members when necessary, will be part of the deal. There is a lot of freedom regarding planning the workload and tasks, so someone with good organisational skills and responsibility would be a great fit! Of course there will be deadlines, ad-hoc things coming up,… so some stress resistance is not an unnecessary luxury.
Of course, there are some non-negotiables:
- You hold a Bachelor degree in accounting
- You have 2 to 3 years of experience.
- You fluently communicate (spoken and written) in English + Dutch or French. You have at least notions of the other one.
- The VAT and tax rules in Belgium have little to no secrets for you
- You have a basic knowledge of Excel
- You are a proactive person that can take ownership over their learning curve and development in the role
- You can think along with us in accountancy processes and don't just blindly follow instructions
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of any additional language
- SAPB1 knowledge
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Salary package in line with your level of experience including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days per week)
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.