Technical Lead in Owner's Engineering
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
To sustain our growth within the international Owner's Engineering market, we are looking for a Technical Lead in Owner's Engineering. The Technical Lead acts as service owner for all owner's engineering services delivered by 3E's operational teams.
You will be joining a small team of technical leads and report directly to the operational director.
As a service owner you will focus on 3 axes:
- You will be accountable to prepare and maintain the right templates, methodology and tools to allow the executional teams to deliver owner's engineering services in the most efficient way and with the best possible quality.
- You will make sure that the service methodology is adapted to industry practice and you will follow-up and push for standardisation and digitalisation.
- You will furthermore act as reference expert for all owner's engineering services. This includes training of colleagues, recurrent knowledge sharing and assistance during challenging projects/with challenging customers.
In this set-up you will work at the crossroad of different departments within 3E including operations, development and product management.
Our ideal candidate
You are a true entrepreneur who "owns" the owner's engineering service line and is driven by continuous improvement. You have a strong technical basis which allows you to understand the content of all owner's engineering services and you combine that with strong management and communication skills. You are independent in identifying the needs, preparing the action plan and setting the right priorities.
Of course, there are some non-negotiables:
- You have an engineering degree or similar through experience.
- You have at least 5 years of working experience within the renewable energy sector and you understand the international renewable energy landscape very well.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a technical lead role (product manager, service manager, technical leader, reference experts etc.).
- You are fluent in English.
Bonus points for:
- French, Spanish and/or Dutch.
- Autocad, WindPro, PVsyst, DigSilent, MS projects, Python, ...
- Extra experience.
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days per week).
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.