High Voltage Expert
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's. 3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics.
In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support. 3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
3E’s Consultancy team is looking for a high voltage expert to reinforce our team working on engineering services and technical advisory in the renewable power sector. You'll be based in one of our offices, being Brussels, Barcelona or Cape Town but working with consultants all over the world. Reporting to the Operational Lead within your region, you will act as a project manager on projects involving:
- the detailed design of the high voltage part of a renewable energy project,
- grid integration of a renewable energy project
- reviewing grid access documents for different power sector stakeholders (project developers, network operators, public institutions, ..).
This might be related to wind, solar and/or storage plants.
You will work together with several other technical experts specialised in different fields such as PV plants, Windfarms, storage facilities, power systems and grids. Your work will involve strong interaction between the different experts, our clients and other stakeholders and your main tasks will be related to Due Diligence processes and engineering phases at different stages of project development. It will combine practical electrical power engineering, applied research and strategic advisory as follows:
- Engineering services for the (detailed) design of a PV, wind power or storage plant, including the access to the grid components
- Conduct technical studies (diagnostics, data analysis, dimensioning of off-grid power systems)
- Advise on grid integration feasibility of renewable energy projects based on modelling and simulation of power systems including load flow studies
- Review and advise on the technical aspects/clauses within a grid integration agreement, Power Purchase Agreement, …
- Manage projects including end-to-end project administration: planning, realisation, coordination, cost control as well as relationships with clients, partners and suppliers
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone with a deep technical knowledge on power systems and grids with an analytical and critical mindset to help us deliver accurate grid impact studies and valuable advice to our customer. We need an outgoing personality with strong communication skills to interact efficiently with our different stakeholders involved in a multi-cultural environment. Someone who is quality driven and willing to broaden their horizon with non-standard assignments.
Of course, there are some non-negotiables:
- You hold a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- You bring 3+ years of relevant work experience to the table, ideally with a DSO/TSO or in power system consultancy or related.
- You are a proficient user of DigSilent, ETAP and PowerFactory software
- You have experience with renewable energy projects
- You fluently speak, read and write in English
The skills we are looking for:
- Flexibility: this job will require you working across several departments and across several local entities within 3E
- Strong organisational capabilities, able to function autonomously as well as within a team
- Consultancy mindset: ability to identify key issues, assess their implications and propose mitigation measures
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Analytical and focused
Bonus points for:
- Other languages: French, Spanish
- Knowledge and experience on storage systems and/or smart grids
- Having already built up a network in the industry
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
Furthermore and depending on the office you will join:
- Salary package in line with your level of experience and fringe benefits that are country-specific
- Flexible working /Home office 2 days per week.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide with colleagues of almost 30 nationalities.
- Exposure to interesting utility scale projects all over the world