Junior Solar Energy Engineer
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
To anchor our leading market position, we are looking for a motivated Junior Solar Energy Engineer to join our team based in Brussels.
In this role, you will be delighting our clients (developers, IPPs, banks, investors etc.) with your energy yield estimations for utility scale solar PV projects while gradually getting trained in performing feasibility studies, either from the office or during site inspections.
Your main tasks will be:
- You will perform energy yield calculations using industry-recognised software tools and internal tools and processes.
- You will analyse the results.
- You will produce the client reports.
- You will perform technical feasibility studies.
- You will perform site inspections before, during and after construction of the projects.
- Over time, you will also start interacting directly with customers, written as well as verbally.
You will work within the core of our solar resource assessment knowledge centre which will give you all at hand to quickly explore the wonderful solar PV world. At first, you will work as an expert on a project managed by one of your colleagues and gradually you will be taking the role of project manager yourself.
You will be reporting within our EMEA team which is a combination of Due Diligence experts, Owner's Engineers and Resource Assessment experts.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a dynamic colleague who is eager to learn, who can bring an open and flexible mindset and who has very strong organisational skills.
Of course, there are some non-negotiables:
- You have a master's degree in engineering, preferably electrical engineering, or a bachelor's degree coupled with a few years of experience.
- You have 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- An affinity and interest for everything related to renewable energy.
- You are fluent in English and ideally in Dutch or French (spoken as well as written).
What gives you extra points:
- Knowledge on PVsyst, AutoCAD, PVCase …
- Available for short trips abroad (during the project construction monitoring period usually for a few days a month). Occasionally for longer-term assignments (i.e. a couple of weeks) might be required.
- Other languages (e.g. Spanish).
We will make sure you are onboarded within our team, teaching you all in-and-outs of the role.
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days per week)
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.