3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
To sustain our continuous growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic Solar PV Engineer. You will be working with our team of experienced experts from our headquarters in Brussels. Our dynamic team will be your continuous sounding board while you serve the needs of our customers.
Your job will be versatile and require dynamism. One day you will be with your boots on inspecting a construction site, the other day you will be behind your PC screen analysing the expected yield or fine-tuning a PV design.
In a nutshell:
- You will manage energy yield calculation studies, performance assessment, FAC and IAC inspections.
- You will review overall project design, technology, and suggest potential improvements.
- You will review/negotiate key construction contracts for and alongside clients.
- You will support project sponsor(s) and lender(s) throughout the financial close process, or during development or construction.
- You will assess technical risks and propose mitigation strategies to reduce risk on project CAPEX, OPEX and revenues.
- You will follow up project construction and acceptance.
- You will be the primary point of contact towards the customer.
- You will take ownership on your own projects which you will deliver from A to Z.
Due to the dynamics of the renewable energy sector, the growth of 3E and the flexibility of the team needs, the job comes with many growth opportunities.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a 'do-er', somebody who is not afraid to explore the unknown and to work independently, and who can combine multiple projects simultaneously. You have previous experience within the industry and you like to combine your technical knowledge with strong communication skills.
Of course, there are some non-negotiables:
- You hold an engineering degree or similar through experience.
- You have 3-6 years of experience within the renewable energy market, working on energy yield calculations, conceptual designs, tendering and contracting, construction and commissioning follow-up of solar installations.
- You combine strong technical knowledge with strong communication skills.
- You have strong organisation and prioritisation skills; you are stress-resistant, solution-oriented, and able to handle several projects simultaneuosly.
- You have a high sense of responsibility, professional attitude and quality focus.
- You are fluent in English and at least French or Dutch.
Bonus points for:
- PVsyst, AutoCad, Python, DigSilent.
- Other languages.
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days per week).
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.