3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
3E’s innovation department "iLab" works on the productization of R&D results in the domains of solar and wind energy. Our different products and services include, among others: satellite-derived solar irradiation data, wind resource data & modelling, solar and wind forecasting services, and artificial intelligence for the automatic fault detection on solar PV parks and wind farms.
Our daily operations involve scientific computing, big data processing & storage, deployment and maintenance of products and services.
You join a team of engineers, scientists, DevOps and product managers that develop, operate, and commercialize innovative solutions in the renewable energy domain worldwide.
We are looking for a talented Python developer to support us on the development, testing, documentation, and operation of services dealing with high volumes of data while keeping an efficient use of our infrastructure.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Developing reliable and scalable applications, by writing clean and tested code
- Working with domain experts to productize new research results or maintain existing applications
- Operating applications throughout their life cycle on Kubernetes with our automated CI/CD pipeline
- Monitoring and troubleshoot operational or data issues
Our ideal candidate
You are an open minded and proactive team player with good communication skills who enjoys challenges and growing an innovative product to the next level.
What we are looking for in our new Python developer:
- A Degree in computer science, engineering, data science, or related
- Minimum 5 years of first relevant professional experience as a developer
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a multi-tasking environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player with good communication skills
- Fluent in English
You must have strong experience with the following technical stack:
- Code testing, OOP and best practices
- Docker and Kubernetes
- SQL databases and related python libraries (sqlalchemy, alembic, etc.)
- Developing REST APIs (Flask is a plus)
- Multithreading and parallel processing
Bonus points for:
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Experience in one or more data engineering and data science tools (pandas, numpy, etc.)
- Familiar with multidimensional data structure and formats (netCDF, Zarr, etc.)
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
We work in a distributed team, but request flexibility to travel to Brussels office/meeting location on a frequent basis (few days per month).
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.