3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
Operating and designing a pipeline that can process a high amount of versatile time-series data and protocols in near real time is a contemporary challenge in terms of performance, scalability, maintainability and flexibility. So far, 3E developers pride themselves in having architected and developed a competitive data processing pipeline that is lean, efficient, scalable and that can be operated by a small team.
The entire platform takes advantages of several programming languages and runtime environments such as Python, Bash, MySQL, Java, Clojure and Common Lisp. We like to refer to it as “energy efficient software with very low carbon emission footprint”.
We are looking for a talented Java developer who will report to the head of development and will also be working closely together with Sales and Operations.
Your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Take ownership on the entire lifecycle of the high-performance concurrent data collection and normalisation pipeline written in Java, from the architecture and development of new features to its deployment and operation in production environment.
- Improve the traceability of the data that is processed and capture the configuration of the pipeline into a relational database.
- Script your way on the Linux shell to analyse data or design small command line tools
- Be available to support our client support team to help them troubleshoot the data load or configuration issues in situations that require a deeper technical knowledge of the platform.
- As you will grow in the job and obtain experience in the full operational stack, contribute to the REST API architecture of the front-end stack that is developed in Clojure.
Our ideal candidate
To take this important place in the team we are looking for someone with strong development skills who can take the lead on our high-performance data engine. An enthusiastic team player with good written and oral communication skills is exactly what we are looking for!
Troubleshooting and problem solving is part of the game and stepping out of your comfort zone to learn new things is very welcomed. We would appreciate someone who can think technically with us from the start, setting out a roadmap and different scenarios from architecture to deployment. Proactivity is encouraged throughout the company.
What we are looking for in our new Java Developer:
- You have a Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electronics or similar with at least 8 years' work experience in an operational environment
- Performance and concurrent programming on the Java/JVM ecosystem have no secrets for you.
- Knowledge about functional programming in Clojure or eagerness to learn it.
- You have experience in designing lean software architectures that scale.
- You can design efficient algorithms and implement your own code libraries.
- You have experience in maintaining projects and developing code that pass the test of time.
- You can think outside of the box and like to understand the platform and domain as a whole.
- You have experience with Linux command line and Bash
- Managing end-to-end deployment pipelines from the code repository to Linux servers is no problem.
- You have used SQL for relational domain modelling
- You know about REST API design and have UI survival skills
- You fluently speak English
Bonus points for:
- Interest in Web UI development (e.g. React).
- Knowledge of other languages
- Familiarity with Renewables Energy Sector, IoT, OT
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
We work in a distributed team, but request flexibility to travel to Brussels office/meeting location on a frequent basis (few days per month).
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.
! The person responsible for this vacancy is currently on holiday until 16/8. A reply to your application may be delayed.