Senior Common Lisp Developer
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
To reinforce our talented development team, we are looking for a passionate senior developer that has a heart for Lisp.
You join a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists and engineers that implement, operate, and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
- You work in a Linux-based Java, Clojure and Common Lisp environment.
- Your focus is on the development, maintenance, design and unit testing of SynaptiQ’s real-time aggregation and alerting engine that processes time-series and events. This data engine is Common Lisp based.
- The objective is to own the entire lifecycle of the platform, that is from the architecture and development of new features to the deployment and operation of the platform in production environment
- The position is open to candidates with no knowledge of LISP if they have a good affinity and experience in functional languages.
- The position is open to both payroll employees and remote freelancers (Europe). If you apply as a remote freelancer, frequent travels (once per month) to Brussels office are required.
Our ideal candidate
Writing elegant, clean code is your thing and you are not afraid to pick things up fast and be proactive in a team. Someone creative and innovative is welcome – we embrace new technologies where they can be applied and make sense.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Master's degree in computer science with at least 8 years' work experience in an operational environment.
- Strong sense of architectural balance and the implications of changes to a many-layered system.
- Experience in functional language and readiness to get hands-on with a LISP data engine.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a multi-tasking environment.
- Team player with good communication skills
- Excellent command of English both in written and verbal form
Bonus points for:
- Any other languages (Dutch, French, Portuguese, …)
- Prior experience with functional languages like Clojure or Scala
- Prior experience in Linux administration and shell scripting
- Experience in working in a distributed team
- Familiarity with Renewables Energy Sector, IoT, Digital Twin systems
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
We work in a distributed team, but request flexibility to travel to Brussels office/meeting location on a frequent basis (few days per month).
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.
! The person responsible for this vacancy is currently on holiday until 16/8. A reply to your application may be delayed.