Software Quality Lead
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
To anchor SynaptiQ's growth, we are expanding our capability with respect to quality, and we are looking for a tactical Software Quality Lead who can lead the efforts to improved service delivery.
You will report directly to the CTO, and will interact with all development team leads, and the Quality Engineers in the cross-functional teams.
You will be responsible for:
- Building out a strong software Quality Assurance capability, with internal and external partners
- Creating and maintaining test strategies, test plans, test cases, test evidence
- Prioritize QA efforts based on value- & risk-based assessment
- Coordinating and supporting testing processes
- Setting best practices & standards for Test Automation
- Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and delivering training
- Hands-on automation scripting might be required
Our ideal candidate
The ideal candidate is a good communicator and feels responsible and engaged to help deliver a quality product.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of practical experience in quality assurance area and 3 years of leadership experience (in testing coordination)
- Excellent command of English both in written and verbal form
- Graduation in Engineering/Science preferred
- Knowledge of DevOps principles, and testing in a scaled SaaS environment is required
- Knowledge of scripting, CI/CD, test automation frameworks, RESTful API, JIRA is preferred
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software testing or similar desired
Bonus points for:
- Other languages (Dutch, Portuguese, French, …)
- Familiarity with Renewables Energy Sector, IoT, Digital Twin systems
- Experience in managing distributed resources
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
We work in a distributed team, but request flexibility to travel to Brussels office/meeting location on a frequent basis (few days per month).
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.
! The person responsible for this vacancy is currently on holiday until 16/8. A reply to your application may be delayed.