Senior Sales & Business Development Manager | RE SaaS Product
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
To achieve our ambitious goals in the sales of SynaptiQ in Southern Europe and UK, 3E is looking for a senior Sales & Business Development Manager who will help us reach them..
You will be responsible for targeting and closing deals with the largest energy companies in Southern Europe and UK, facilitated by your sector knowledge and contacts. Your network and understanding of the renewable energy market and stakeholders will back you up in your hunting strategies and allow you to handle the sales process from A-Z.
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to
- Identify top opportunities in your European renewable energy markets for 3E’s SaaS business.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with C-level professionals and ensure you achieve the necessary level of credibility with the decision makers in the main stakeholders of the European Renewable Energy players.
- Understand and anticipate each client’s needs and translate this into a business opportunity and create technical-economic proposals.
- Accompany the clients from lead identification up to contract signature and upselling.
- Stay fully informed and know in detail the different market dynamics and mechanisms that impact the usage and sales of SaaS solutions
- Create an ambitious Sales Plan to achieve the sales growth targets for 2022.
For this position you will report to the Commercial Director, who is based in Brussels, and you will be in contact with technical, operational, sales and marketing experts throughout the company.
Having someone based in our headquarters in Brussels would be the ideal situation, but we are open to welcoming you in our other location in Barcelona or Madrid or set you up working remotely in Europe if neither of the forementioned are an option.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate comes with a proven track-record of successful business development and sales in SaaS digital products, and is heavily committed to further growing the 3E business with an innovative mindset.
- You are a networker and deal closer with a proven track record of significant impact within your previous experiences
- You hold an Engineering degree, combined with an MBA is a plus.
- Your verbal and written communication skills in English are top-notch.
- You bring proven track record of successful sales conversion in SaaS digital products.
- You combine balanced Business Development (lead generation) with Sales (contract signing), not being afraid to ask the killer question.
- You have 15 - 20 years working experience, of which the most part in a Business Development or Sales position, enabling you to understand and address the C-Level suite of the major European energy companies.
What gives you extra points:
- Knowledge of any other European languages.
- Excellent understanding of the European renewable energy sector, with an extensive network, notably IPP’s, Asset Manager, Asset Owners, EPC, O&M, project developers and investment funds.
- Previous experience with advanced marketing lead generation techniques in SaaS digital products selling.
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers:
- Attractive fixed + variable salary package in line with your level of experience, company mobile phone & subscription, laptop.
- Flexible working home & office scheme.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of +20 nationalities.