Solar Data Engineer
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
As solar data engineer you will join a team of engineers, scientists, developers, and product managers that develop, operate, and commercialize Services and Products around renewable energies worldwide. 3E’s R&D department iLab works on the productization of R&D results in the domains of solar and wind energy. Our different products and services include among others, satellite-derived solar irradiation data, artificial intelligence for the automatic fault detection on solar PV parks and wind farms, solar and wind power forecasting services and wind resource modelling.
In this role:
- You contribute to the roadmap execution by algorithm development, prototyping & validation work, also in collaboration with key customers or 3E’s consultancy department.
- You will contribute to the execution of 3E’s funded collaborative projects in the field of solar energy.
- You will also have the opportunity to display and further develop your skills in:
- Python programming
- Design, implementation, and deployment of scalable services in the cloud
- Modern development methods, such as agile development, CI/CD, micro services, containers, etc.
- Dealing with large multi-dimensional datasets
Our ideal candidate
The ideal candidate has experience in solar modelling and data analytics. In the iLab team you are a key contributor to the development of 3E’s unique best-of-class solar analytics by using a massive source of structured monitoring data and a strong solar resource and system modelling background.
We are looking for you if:
- You hold a Master’s degree in Engineering with relevant working experience in the sector
- You have a strong expertise in working with large datasets in python coding (backend development) and the scientific ecosystem (pandas, SciPy, xarray, StatsModels, scikit-learn, etc.)
- You built up expertise in the field of solar energy
- You have experience with deployment of operational data services is an asset
- You are pragmatic, creative, structured and result-driven
- You show excellent verbal and written communications skills
- You are fluent in English
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days per week)
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.