Renewable Energy Consultant
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
To consolidate and further develop its consultancy activities, 3E is looking for a renewable energy engineer, in the Barcelona office.
Your will start as a renewable energy expert, working on feasibility and analysis on different solar & wind projects, and will gradually evolve to the role of project manager in renewable energy, advising 3E’s clients (developers, investors, lenders and other stakeholders) on all technical aspects of a renewable energy project, from the development phase, over the financial close until the operational phase of the project.
You will be working closely with 3E Iberica team of renewable energy experts and reporting to the Owner's Engineering team which is composed of 10 renewable energy experts in different countries. Extended collaboration with all 3E international entities and teams will also be required as team work and knowledge sharing is at the core our 3E values.
At first your main responsibilities will be to carry out feasibility studies and preliminary design drawings for solar and wind projects in and outside of Spain, as well as gradually getting trained in performing other technical assessments, either from the office or during site inspections:
- Solar irradiation, performance and energy production assessments
- Electrical design calculations and optimization of renewable energy assets
- Prepare technical drawings such as site layouts and single line diagrams
- Support and analyze technology choices; identify technical risks and recommend mitigation measures
- Perform technical feasibility studies for potential solar projects
- Perform site inspections before, during and after construction of the projects.
As a consultant you will either work as an expert on a project managed by one of your colleagues or you will take the role of project manager yourself. As a project manager you are responsible for the communication with your client, potential other stakeholders and your colleagues, for managing the budget and planning of the project and for its timely and qualitative delivery.
Our ideal candidate
You have a graduate degree in electrical engineering or equivalent through experience/enthusiasm. An electrical background would be a big asset.
You have a clear interest for Renewable Energy, and the mindset of a consultant: you are client-oriented, dynamic and a quick learner.
Ideally you have a first working experience of 3 to 5 years in the wind or solar industry with an international environment with experience in renewable energy project design, project development and/or construction.
You are team oriented and open to travel regularly for short or midterm periods to our international offices (Belgium, France, South-Africa) or to project sites. Of course, there are some non-negotiables:
- Electrical Engineering
- Language(s) should include Spanish and English as a must
- Experience in electrical design and design softwares (PV Case, AutoCAD, SketchUp)
Bonus points for:
- Technologies: Wind project design, High Voltage systems, Experience in construction, knowledge of International Standards
- Software: WindPRO, ETAP, DIGSilent
- Languages: French, Portuguese
What we offer in return
3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself
- … in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services
- … with the potential to grow into a leading role in the products’ further development and operation
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers:
- Salary package in line with your level of experience, company mobile phone & subscription, laptop.
- Flexible working/Home office.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.