Expert Wind Consultant
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
In order to anchor our leading market position in renewable energy expert services, we are looking for a motivated new team member to join our Technical Advisory team! Your team members are experienced in wind and solar energy, technical due diligence, resource assessment and project development and with their support you will act as a project manager in :
- Conducting Due Diligence for Wind installations (and Solar, once you’re up and running) in Belgium and internationally. This can include but is not limited to:
- Technical Review of main Components (Wind turbines components)
- Contract reviews (TSA, O&M contract, Power Purchase Agreement, Grid connection, etc..),
- Land leases and building permits review,
- Environmental impact study review,
- Provisional Acceptance certificates, including power plant inspections if required
- Long term Energy Yield Assessments and/or Reviews
- Delivering the study following the planning, budget and the internal quality process of execution.
- Performing follow-up Wind power plant inspections in Benelux and France: more or less 15% of the time depending on the projects
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone with a technical mindset, combined with commercial flair. Someone with an analytical and critical mind to help us improve on a daily base. Creative, innovative and all the while accurate with a strong eye for details. Someone who doesn’t hide ambition and thinks outside of the box, is hungry for knowledge and service oriented. For our clients, we go the extra mile. We want you to walk with us!
Of course, there are some non-negotiables:
- You hold a master's degree in civil/Industrial engineering
- You have 2-5 years of engineering experience in a similar environment (Technical Advisory Company or Sponsor/Developer) in the renewable energy field
- Having worked in Wind is a must, experience in solar is a big plus
- You show a strong interest in renewable energies and this reflects in your way of life
- You are fluent in English and French – spoken as well as written
- You demonstrate very strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Your presentation skills are on point and you like participating in discussion groups
- You thrive while working in a team but have no problem finishing work on your own either
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of WindPro, AutocCAD, Sketchup and in PVsyst is a big plus, as well as knowledge of GIS software tools (QGIS, ArcGIS,…)
- knowledge of Dutch or additional languages
What we offer in return
Our office is centrally located, on the grand place of Toulouse. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers:
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, mutuality, meal vouchers, company mobile phone + phone plan
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare or bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility, open-minded company.
- Home working
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.