Junior IT Administrator
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
Our new administrator will report to the ICT manager, together you are the two headed IT team of our company. You will be in daily contact with colleagues throughout 3E, both in Belgium as internationally.
- Day-to-day operation and management of the local network & server infrastructure: Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016 servers & Windows 10 clients, Linux, VMware vCenter …
- PC & hardware purchasing (local & international), installation, configuration & maintenance, software deployment
- Management of Office 365 tenant: Sharepoint Online and Exchange Online
- Support to VPN client connectivity (OpenVPN) and IPsec VPN tunnels between remote offices (France, Cape Town)
- Data security & backup management (Veaam Backup & Replication)
- First line helpdesk for local and international users
- Telephony management (VOIP)
- Maintaining technical documentation on procedures and processes
- Maintaining contact with internal and external stakeholders (service providers & suppliers)
- IT onboarding of new starters in our company.
Our ideal candidate
We're looking for a motivated ICT professional with problem identifying and solving skills, that likes to work in a team, communicates well and is a good and active listener. Other than that:
- You hold a graduate/bachelor degree in IT - young graduates welcome!
- You are ready to start working in Belgium asap
- You are knowledgeable on Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Linux, VMware, Communications protocols (TCP/IP), …
- You are familiar with networking concepts such as switches, routers, firewalls
- You are well-organized and good at prioritizing tasks
- You can easily translate technical topics and solutions to non-IT colleagues
- You are able to work well both independently and in team
- You are proactive, stress-resistant, and flexible
- You have a very good knowledge of English
You get bonus points for:
- Other languages: Dutch and French
- Having a first similar (internship) experience
- Hardware knowledge (laptops/smartphones)
- Software knowledge: Windows 10, Office 365
- Experience with SharePoint Online
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers:
- The opportunity to learn on the job
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), representation allowance and company mobile phone, 32 days of vacation, a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility, open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days a week)
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.