Senior Solar Analytics Scientist
3E is a leading technology company active in renewable energy with 20 years of history. Our HQ office is situated in the center of Brussels and our colleagues operate internationally from our offices in Paris, Toulouse, Barcelona, Chennai and Cape Town.
After 20 years of driving the energy market transformation through innovation, 3E is prepared to continue leading an energy future where digitalisation and data intelligence will pave the way to reach the world’s ambitious targets for renewable and sustainable energy. In this new paradigm, 3E has set a determined strategic plan for the upcoming years to further expand our market position, accelerate growth and reinforce 3E as a leading brand in the renewable energy sector.
SynaptiQ, our SaaS (Software as a Service) digital platform, manages over 20 GW of assets contracted worldwide and we provide expert services covering the whole lifecycle of any Renewable Energy project to support project developers, owners, asset managers, operators, investors, lenders and policymakers.
What you will be doing
You join a team of engineers, scientists, developers, and product managers that develop, operate, and commercialize Services and Products around renewable energies worldwide. 3E’s R&D department iLab works on the productization of R&D results in the domains of solar and wind energy. Our different products and services include among others, satellite-derived solar irradiation data, artificial intelligence for the automatic fault detection on solar PV parks and wind farms, solar and wind power forecasting services and wind resource modelling.
In the iLab team you are a key contributor to the development of 3E’s unique best-of-class solar analytics by using a massive source of structured monitoring data and a strong resource and system modelling background.
- You take a leading role in setting the research vision & agenda on this topic in collaboration with product management.
- You take ownership on funded collaborative research project acquisition and project management.
- You are a natural networker in the scientific and technical community. In this role, you also participate in commercial processes to promote 3E’s technical excellence.
- You contribute to the roadmap execution by algorithm development, prototyping & validation work, also in collaboration with key customers.
In this role you will also have the opportunity to display and further develop your skills in:
- Python programming
- Design, implementation, and deployment of scalable services in the cloud
- Modern development methods, such as agile development, CI/CD, micro services, containers, etc.
- Dealing with large multi-dimensional datasets
Our ideal candidate
- A Master’s degree in Engineering with at least 4 years of working experience
- Strong expertise in the field of solar energy including experience with solar resource and PV yield assessment, performance analysis of PV systems, and PV modelling
- Experience in writing successful proposals for EU funded programs and knowledge of other national and international programs for R&D funding
- Experience in python coding is an asset (backend development) and the scientific ecosystem (pandas, SciPy, xarray, StatsModels, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Experience with deployment of operational services is an asset
- Pragmatic, structured and result-driven
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Fluent in English
What we offer in return
3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself
- … in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services
- … with the potential to grow into a leading role in the products’ further development and operation
In addition to a comfortable work environment and joining a stimulating atmosphere in a young and highly motivated group of people, 3E offers:
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers, representation allowance and company mobile phone
- Sustainable transport: Easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare
- A flexible work environment: flexible working hours, telework, flex desk policy, etc.
- An international environment: projects in over 40 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities