Business Developer - Energy Data
3E is a leading technology company active in renewable energy with 20 years of history. Our HQ office is situated in the center of Brussels and our colleagues operate internationally from our offices in Paris, Toulouse, Barcelona, Chennai and Cape Town.
After 20 years of driving the energy market transformation through innovation, 3E is prepared to continue leading an energy future where digitalisation and data intelligence will pave the way to reach the world’s ambitious targets for renewable and sustainable energy. In this new paradigm, 3E has set a determined strategic plan for the upcoming years to further expand our market position, accelerate growth and reinforce 3E as a leading brand in the renewable energy sector.
SynaptiQ, our SaaS (Software as a Service) digital platform, manages over 20 GW of assets contracted worldwide and we provide expert services covering the whole lifecycle of any Renewable Energy project to support project developers, owners, asset managers, operators, investors, lenders and policymakers.
What you will be doing
3E’s Business Innovation teams work on the definition, realization, commercialization and ‘go-to-market’ implementation of new SaaS solutions within the 3E suite.
You will be joining the ‘3E Live’ Business Innovation team which has the mandate to accelerate the digital transformation of the company.
The end goal of the team is to ensure:
- 3E is recognized as THE digital innovator within the renewable energy sector, the company that defines and walks the digitalisation path within the market
- 3E becomes the lead provider (highest market share) of digital solutions within the renewable energy market
The digital package which the team is working on has a digital platform as a basis (3E SQ platform) on which several functionalities/digital solutions will be offered including (but not limited to):
- Our asset operation tool
- Solar and wind resource data
- Automated energy yield calculations
- Follow-up and visualisation of on-site wind measurement data
We are looking for a business developer who’s ready to dedicate full passion and energy into accelerating the sales of our digital solutions.
The job will include the following tasks:
- You define the value proposition, pricing, packaging and the go-to-market strategy for the developed SaaS solutions
- You define a successful go-to-market strategy
- You define an ambitious and bold commercial plan, using your market knowledge and feeling of customer needs
- You create a breakthrough in the sales volume of the new SaaS solutions with existing customers as well as closing deals for new/large customers
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate is bold, dares to define (disruptive) ideas and translate them into actions. Someone who shows excellent communication skills, both internally as well as externally and is willing to walk the extra mile to achieve the team’s targets. A flexible entrepreneur, analytical, innovative and creative
- You have lived through a digitalisation process before, sitting in the driver’s seat.
- You have a ‘hunger’ for business development and sales.
- You quickly feel the market needs and are able to distillate that into a successful go-to-market strategy.
- You are an ‘opener’ which means that you enjoy approaching potential new clients, you are a great networker and you love to think beyond the obvious.
- At the same time, you are at ease in the role of ‘closer’ which means that you can quickly qualify or disqualify a lead and you are ready to ask the killer question that will move the prospect from a lead into a signed deal in a smooth and efficient way.
- You speak, read and write fluently in English. Any other language is a plusd
- You are willing to travel when needed
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers:
- a unique opportunity to further develop yourself
- in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services
- with the potential to grow into a leading role
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), representation allowance and company mobile phone, 32 days of vacation, a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility, open-minded company.
- Home working
- An international environment: projects in over 40 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.