Technical Due Diligence Consulant - Wind
3E is a leading technology company active in renewable energy with 20 years of history. Our HQ office is situated in the centre of Brussels and our colleagues operate internationally from our offices in Paris, Toulouse, Barcelona, Istanbul, Chennai and Cape Town.
As an innovative company, we believe in a world where renewable energy will be affordable and available for all, at any time, at any place. Our mission is to maximize the value and enhance the performance of renewable energy assets through data intelligence, digital solutions and expert services. We have an extensive track record in providing solutions to corporate and public clients and combine in-house innovation, partnerships with leading R&D centres, and a thorough understanding of practical industry needs.
After 20 years of driving the energy market transformation through innovation, 3E is prepared to continue leading an energy future where digitalisation and data intelligence will pave the way to reach the world’s ambitious targets for renewable and sustainable energy. In this new paradigm, 3E has set a determined strategic plan for the upcoming years to further expand our market position, accelerate growth and reinforce 3E as the leading brand in the renewable energy sector.
What you will be doing
In order to anchor our leading market position in renewable energy expert services, we are looking for a motivated new team member to join our Consultancy team! Your team members are experienced in solar and wind energy, technical due diligence, resource assessment and project development and with their support you will act as a project manager in:
- Conducting Due Diligence for wind installations (and to a lesser extent PV installations) in Africa and internationally. This can include but is not limited to:
- Design Verification
- Technical Review of main Components
- Contract reviews (EPC, O&M contract, Power Purchase Agreement, etc..),
- Provisional/intermediate/final acceptance certificates, including power plant inspections
- Long term Energy Yield Assessments and/or Reviews
- Supporting sponsor(s) and lender(s) throughout the financial close process
- Liaising with legal and financial advisors
- Following up on project construction
- Commissioning support
- Delivering the study following the planning, budget and the internal quality process of execution.
- Contribute to business development and acquisition, including the assistance in preparing quotations, managing existing and new customers through efficient and structured account management
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone with a technical mindset, combined with commercial flair. Someone with an analytical and critical mind to help us improve on a daily base. Creative, innovative and all the while accurate with a strong eye for detail. Someone who doesn’t hide ambition and thinks outside of the box, is hungry for knowledge and service oriented. For our clients, we go the extra mile. We want you to walk with us!
Of course, there are some non-negotiables:
- You hold a degree in Electrical, mechanical or civil engineer
- You have 2-5 years of experience in a similar environment (Technical Advisory Company, Independent Power Producers (IPP), EPC Contractor or Developers) in the renewable energy field (wind, in particular)
- You show a strong interest in renewable energies and this reflects in your way of life
- Previous work experience in an international environment, preferably experience in the African context
- Experience in project management and follow up of client contacts.
- You are fluent in English – spoken as well as written
- You demonstrate very strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Your presentation skills are on point and you like participating in discussion groups
- You thrive while working in a team but have no problem finishing work on your own either
- Ability to travel to project site within Africa, customer meetings and 3E’s external offices in Belgium, France or Spain if required (for short period only)
- You hold a temporary or permanent work/residence permit in South Africa
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD, Sketchup, WindPro, DigSilent and in PVsyst is a big plus, as well as knowledge of GIS software tools (QGIS, ArcGIS,…)
- knowledge of French, Dutch or additional languages
- A good business awareness and network in Africa and emerging markets
What we offer in return
Our offices are in Cape Town CBD with easy access to transport and an ocean breeze from time to time. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers:
- A permanent contract with a salary package in line with your level of experience (after three months of probation period)
- Flexibility and home working
- Working in an open-minded company
- An international environment: projects in over 40 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.
- A parking spot