3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
3E is looking for a talented software engineer to join a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists and engineers that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
Your focus is on the implementation and testing of SynaptiQ’s REST API that is Clojure based, and its support towards SynaptiQ User Interface development in React. Furthermore you:
- Assist in the design of the architecture of the API
- Develop Clojure code that binds the back-end to the API
- Take part in code reviews on related software services developed by the team
- Contribute to the overall software architecture discussions
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 5 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe. The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers. The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
Our ideal candidate
To reinforce our talented development team we are looking for a passionate developer that has a heart for Lisp. Writing elegant, clean code is your thing and you are not afraid to pick things up fast and be proactive in a team. Someone creative and innovative is welcome – we embrace new technologies where they can be applied and make sense.
- You are a developer with a degree in IT or IT engineering.
- You have hands-on experience or strong affinity with REPL based development in Clojure or other Lisp dialects.
- You are familiar with Web Technologies
- You are a team player with good communication skills
- You speak and write in English fluently
Bonus points for:
- Any other languages
- prior experience with functional languages like Haskell or Scala
- Experience with front-end development in React
What we offer in return
We have a preference for payroll employees but are open to freelance/remote as well when combined with regular office visits.
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers:
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), representation allowance, company mobile phone & subscription, laptop, 32 days of vacation, a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility, open-minded company.
- Home working
- An international environment: projects in over 40 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.